What Personal Information About Customers Does TradeMyMotor.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your service experience at TradeMyMotor.com. We use the information to handle quotes, deliver services and process payments, communicate with you about offers and quotes, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to improve our site and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future services for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses TradeMyMotor.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of TradeMyMotor.com on other Web sites.
• E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from TradeMyMotor.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from othe, companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers..
• Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Does TradeMyMotor.com share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business . TradeMyMotor.com shares customer information only as described below and with Trade My Motor.com, Inc. and the subsidiaries which Trade My Motor.com, Inc., controls and that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
• Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling quotes, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer information, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of TradeMyMotor.com customers on behalf of other businesses.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Trade My Motor.com, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of TradeMyMotor.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of TradeMyMotor.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
• With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at TradeMyMotor.com, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.